Thursday, February 2, 2012

Projects

So I really didn't like this dresser.  I just didn't like the how it looked with everything else in our room.  I decided that I had whined about it long enough and it was high time to paint it or to just live with it.  I decided to paint.  I am sure you can guess what color.... black!  Hello, it is me we are talking about here!
So my grand idea started with this....

then this.....

and not long after.. this....

I started paining the dresser.  I am too much of a wuss to move it out to the deck to paint so I had to just put the drop cloth down and paint in my room.  I don't think Jord was too happy to try to pack to go to Fort Defiance while the room was in disarray but once I decide on something I have to do it right then!

I had wanted to cover the pillows on the bench for a while now.  Anyone with dogs knows that nothing is sacred to them so I wanted something that I could take off the pillows and wash when the pups got them dirty.  This is the first pillow case I finished.  I was pretty proud!  I still am!

Here it is all finished and the room is all put back together.  I like the dresser a LOT more now.

I think the bench turned out cute too.  I couldn't get Lily out of the picture.  I guess she thinks she is pretty cute and needs a little attention.

I think the lamps turned out better than I thought they would.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I am very pleased now that it is all finished.  Jord thinks all I have done is the dresser so I am wondering how long it will take him to notice the bench and the lamps.
I should say thanks to everyone for the million calls.  I think Kami got the brunt of it.  She ended up getting a picture sent to her about every hour just to get her opinion on how I should do things.  Amanda told me how to do the lamps and again, I LOVE how they turned out.  Mom, thanks for all your help too. 

2 comments:

  1. Duuuuuude, I said it once already but I will say it again....HOLY!!! Everything looks so cute and seeing it all put together makes me feel all giddy like a school girl! Haha..for real tho..looks awesome. You are da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kalli! I love that you did way more than Jordan thought you were going to do. And it will probably take him a while to figure it out, if he is anything like his cousin...I'm just jealous that you have the motivation to do stuff like that since because of our little situation, I'm not motivated at all to do cutsie stuff since we don't even have our own furniture. I'm not complaining. Free rent. Free rent.

    ReplyDelete