Friday, July 22, 2011

Date Night

Last week I decided that Jord and I could use a fun date night.  We saw the movie Just Go With It in the theater and almost died laughing and since the movie just came out I thought we could do a date based on the movie.  I got out our souvenirs from Hawaii (and Jord thought we would never use them again.. HA) and picked up a fresh pineapple and coconut from the store.  I thought the table looked pretty cute!  I thought it would be fun to make our own leis.. I will be honest it is a cute idea but not so much fun once you start because it takes a while.

I got a large paper pad and taped paper onto the window so we could paint our Hawaiian scene to set the mood of the night.

Gotta love kids paint!

Jord was a good sport and played along with the lei making but as you can tell we both got sick of putting the flowers on and gave up with it halfway done.

While I finished making dinner I put Jord in charge of painting the beach and a palm tree.  I thought the sun and the ocean would be easier so I said I would take care of that.  Well, the sun was easy.

For dinner we had Hawaiian Haystacks of course.  This could be one of my FAVORITE meals.  I usually ask for it for my birthday dinner.  YUM

We decided to pose in front of our masterpiece.  I think my wave looks like a certain monster from Scotland but oh well.  I don't think I will be taking the place of Bob Ross and whipping out any happy little trees anytime soon.

I thought the dogs should get in on the fun.  Lily was a poser when I put the lei on her.  She just pranced around thinking what a pretty little girl she was.

Malcolm HATED the lei and just cried when I put it on and tried to bite it off and kill it.

After dinner we went for a walk along the beach..
Actually it was a walk on the sidewalk.  Date night or not the pups still have to go for a walk.  Then we got in our swimsuits and went to the hot tub because you have to be in your swimsuit when you are in Hawaii.  When we came back up we had strawberry sherbet and lime soda treats and watched our movie.  It was a fun night will lots of laughing!  We had so much fun I think we need to do theme dates more often.

2 comments:

  1. From now on I am calling you for date night ideas!! That is too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! Great planning on your part - You're so creative!

    I want sherbet now...

    ReplyDelete