Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So much fun!


Jordan had a two week break from school in August so we decided to make the trip home and visit friends ad family.  First stop... Fish Lake National Forest to hang out with friends.  We got to the cabin really late on Friday night so Brooklyn was already asleep.  When she woke up the next morning she was just being such a cheese ball! 


Our first project of the friends trip was tie-dye. 






Everyone took turns and dyed their own shirts.  It was really fun to see how they all turned out!

The next activity was riding four wheelers up to a lookout over a coal mine.  The ride was fun and the view was AWESOME! 

I just had to post this pic.  Brooklyn being a cheese and Kenz just being so darn cute.  I just want to squeeze those cheeks.


The gals working away getting dinner ready.  We had yummy dutch oven pork and potatoes and of course cobbler.  We sat around the fire talking and playing games.  It was such a fun night!  We have the best friends ever! 


We needed our friend picture before we left the cabin and we wanted to show off our new shirts.  Pretty good lookin' I think!


We had to have our family picture.  It was pretty sunny that morning so we were all squinting trying to keep the sun out of our eyes.

After Fish Lake I dropped Jordan off in Kaysville to go hiking with Dean, Jake, and Riley (I would love pictures of the hike to post but Jord didn't give me any) and I headed off to Logan.  I stayed with Kami and babysat her kids on Monday while she worked and she took the dogs to get fixed.  This is post surgery.  They were pretty miserable.

Lily just looked like she felt awful. 

On Tuesday Kami and I packed up and headed to Burley.  It was fair week at home so we went to the parade on Wednesday morning.  All the kids were excited to watch the parade and get all the candy they could.


Ellie, Tate, and Emma were all in the parade for their hockey club.  Ellie rolled on by and Tate and Emma rode on the float.

Thursday we went to Steadmans just to have a fun day with the family.  Casey and Candice had to work so Jord and I stole Madison for the day so she could come play with us.  She and Case LOVED the swings and they couldn't get enough of the slides!

The three babes didn't care much for the day in the sun.  They are so darn cute and such good little ladies!

Jord and Bodey were slide buddies.

This could be my favorite shot of he day.  Kelly with a bunch of the kids. 


Madison had such a fun day she was gonzo beans before we even hit the freeway.

Jordan and I got to cruise in the caddie and he found these Blue Blocker sunglasses.  What a hottie I got.  Hands off gals.. he is mine!

We got to go to the zoo with Case.  He was so proud that he had his own ticket and wanted to show it to everyone. 

He says the monkeys were his favorite but this one about made him jump out of his skin.  He was crouched down looking in the window and it ran right over to him and sat on the other side of the glass.  It was fun to watch Case jump.

Ayla thought she was such a big girl when she got to ride in the backpack.

We had our annual Hunger Family Car Campout too.  We stay up Farmington canyon but the road washed out so we had to drive up the Bountiful side and then drive over to the Farmington side.  LONG DRIVE but well worth it.  We stopped to look out over the Great Salt Lake.  It was a beautiful view.

Audrey picked some wildflowers and we put them in a can on the table.  What a lovely centerpiece.  Now that is car camping!

Standing around waiting to start getting ready for dinner.

Lindy made some killer potatoes!  YUM!

It's shake and bake.. and Al helped

I love Audrey's face in this one.

The pups liked camping but they hated being tied up the whole time.

Our little birthday girl!  Lacey Jane had her first birthday on the campout.  What a cutie she is.  I don't know if I have every seen a happier baby.  I could really steal her!



ALEX... enough said!
We really had a wonderful two weeks.  It was so much fun to get to see and spend time with everyone.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful families and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like u had lots of fun! I think ur friends shirt is funny. Its like purple boobs. Haha! I was so happy to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Someone noticed that we did boobs on our shirts! :) That was so much fun. I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete